Saturday, January 15, 2011

A New Kitchen?


Even though after I left my husband I moved into a trailer, I still wanted it to be nice, not have that trailer feel. I wanted dry wall, real floors an updated bathroom and kitchen. You think shopping in the world would be easy; you see it, you like it, you buy it. Ummm No. We will start with the cabinets. At my local Home Depot store I found cabinets I liked. Not hard, they were on the shelf not special order. But the kicker I had to wait for my boyfriend to finish the laminate floors before we bought and stored a bunch of cabinets. So as I waited for him to finish I went back to the store to see my cabinets. They were no longer on the shelf. They were up front on clearance, being discontinued. So I asked for help, the associate said that he would scan them to see if other stores had them. He scanned one piece and said no. Not thinking after my fourteen years in retail that the piece he scanned would be the only piece the scanner would check for. He should have spent the time calling other stores. So I sat with the custom order lady (she was very nice). My price was more than I wanted to spend so back to the drawing board. And with the contract ending at my job and my getting laid off I was on more of a budget. So I stopped one day at the Home Depot by my job and low and behold they had almost all the pieces I needed at a clearance price if only the other store would have called around what I'm about to tell you would not have happened.                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment