Monday, January 24, 2011

My email to Ceo and Vice President of Best Buy

As a customer that has boycotted your store for 2 years and has recently went back, I see nothing has changed. The reason for the boycott you can read on my blog melissagarci.blogspot.com .

The reason I will use my store credits and not return is this reason. I purchased a refrigerator in the Bel Air Md store to be delivered before Christmas. It would have been delivered on a Saturday but I had to cancel. I was getting laid off the day before and in my frame of mind, thought it be best to put it off a week. Sure no problem, the next Friday it was. As we got the call the night before, our hours were between 3:30 and 5:30.  No problem.  As we had theater tickets for 7:00 that night, it was still enough time if they came at 5:30. So we waited with food sitting on the counters (they want the fridge clean and a clean path to it) but they didn't come by 5:30 and did not call. So I called Best Buy to see what was going on and they said they were running late. I wanted to know why they didn't call me?  So when they finally got here at 6:30 they said they couldn't bring it in the house because it wouldn't fit. So I said more than once, can't you take the doors and drawers off?  To no avail – since no one could speak English I had to send them away. I did not have the time to try to explain to them how to do their job. So my daughter and I went to the play by ourselves without my fiancĂ© (who had cancer in 2005) since he didn't have time to get ready. It would have been nice to have a family night as we planned since you never know how many you'll have left. After the play, my mom and I went to Best Buy to measure. My doorway was 301/2 in. The fridge without the doors and drawers was 28 in. Now I didn't do well in math but I really thought you could move a 28 in. object through a 301/2 in. hole but I could be wrong. The associates at the store agreed and after a little trouble, scheduled delivery again. Delivery day came and my time was between 10:00 and 12:00. I called at 9:30 to get the ETA ,I had a lot of errands to run that day ( it was before Christmas) and I didn't want to sit all day and wait again with food on the counters. My ETA was for the following Monday and I said No, it was for today. She asked me to hold and when she came back, she said it was out of stock. I told her that they tried to deliver it already so it should be there waiting for me. She put me on hold again and came back to inform me it was discontinued. The story does not end here and has actually gone on for a couple of weeks. So I would LOVE to tell you the end and I'm sure you want to hear it. Thank you for your time Melissa Garci

No comments:

Post a Comment