Saturday, January 15, 2011

Can't anyone just help me ?

I'll get back to the kitchen later. I wanted to tell you about my "I need a new computer keyboard" story first.

So you think it's going to be easy and simple, go into the store, find what you want, buy it, leave. Sometimes yes but there are those days a big NO. So I venture over to best buy on my way home from work. As I'm tired from getting up at 4am. I'm thinking this should be a quick in and out trip. Sounds funny doesn't it.

So I go in and head down the aisle looking for a $20.wired keyboard and all I see is $50.-$100. wireless. I have had wireless before and don't like them, you constantly have to change the batteries. Since I couldn't find a wired one (apparently I'm half blind or they were hiding them) I decided to search for help instead.

When I went to the computer counter the two associates were helping other customers. So as I waited another associate walked up, did something at the counter and started to walk away. No smile, no can I help you, nothing , I was wondering if I was invisible. I decided to follow, basically, chase her down as I just wanted to get in and out. So I called out to her "excuse me can you tell me where the wired keyboards are". As I caught up to her she said No I don't work in this department I work in customer service. LOL..
So as I was extremely tired from getting up early and working all day I decided to leave it at that and went home to take care of it.

When I got home I called Best Buy to talk to the store manager and ask why someone that works in customer service couldn't help a customer. He was apologetic and told me that the wired keyboards were on the end cap at the bottom (basically hidden). I said I would rather go pick one up at Target and didn't return to Best Buy until now. That was two years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment